Smash Book Material
Long time listeners of the podcast know that in addition to my Book of Me, I also keep a number of smash books. They are part art journal, part pocket scrapbook and home to my habit tracker. Each book is dedicated to a specific season and I love filling the pages with what I’m watching, what I’m reading and the recipes I want to try. My smash books are home to the random flotsam and jetsam I think is cool like stickers from my most recent perfume order and postcards from faraway friends.
Each month, I create a list of unique, seasonal treats I am looking forward to enjoying. Whether you keep a smash book or include this fun layout in your Book of Me, it’s a great way to delight in the seasons and focus on the positive.
My November List
- Candles and wax melts in Fall scents like Apple Butter Frosting, Honey Pear Cider, and First Day of Autumn
- Hot apple cider
- Magical reads including The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab and Alice Hoffman’s Magic Lessons
- Pumpkin pie
- Sweater weather (it’s so rare in Florida!)
- Daily card sketch (my 50 days challenge)
- Watching The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix
- Philosophy shower gel in Orange Cocoa Cream
- Tula Pumkin Sugar Scrub
- Pumpkin Spice Pedicure in a Box
I hope this list inspires you to celebrate your favorite Fall things this November and make a layout or smash book page about them. Check back tomorrow to see the first report on my 50 days challenge. I’ll be sharing my favorite sketch from this week as well as a card I’ve created based on the sketch.