There's No Better Way to Say Thank You
Call me old fashioned, but I am a firm believer in the handmade thank you card. It just feels good to show your appreciation for a gift or a kindness. When you take the time to make it yourself, you’ve put extra effort into expressing your gratitude. Ready to get started? I’ve got an elegant thank you card project you can create quickly with just a few supplies.
Step By Step Instructions
- White Daisy card with envelope
- Black Cardstock 5 1/4″ x 4″ plus scrap for die cutting
- White Daisy Cardstock 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Sentiment die (I used the Thanks Thin Cut)
- March Stamp of the Month Family Legacy
- Exclusive Inks stamp pad in Black
- TriBlend Marker in Ice Grey
- Shimmer Brush
- Tape Runner
- Liquid Adhesive
- Using Black ink, random stamp flourish shapes over the edges of the White Daisy cardstock.
- Color flourishes with TriBlend marker in Ice Grey. Add shadows and shading by blending the three tones in each shape.
- Use Shimmer Brush to add subtle sparkle to each colored flourish.
- Mat White Daisy stamped panel with Black cardstock and secure to card front.
- Die cut sentiment from Black cardstock and adhere to card front with liquid adhesive
I’ve created several cards with this same stamp set and I am so pleased with the results! Each time, I have stamped the flourishes over the edges of the cardstock, colored with a TriBlend marker and added sparkle with the Shimmer Brush. Take a look.
For this version of the card, I have swapped out the mat of black cardstock and replaced it with Silver Foil Paper. I’ve stamped my sentiment in Pewter ink.
I really wanted this wedding card to shine so I swapped out the black mat for Gold Shimmer Paper. I used the Gold Brown TriBlend Marker to color my flourishes and then added the Shimmer Brush. The sentiment was stamped in Black ink.
I liked the look of the Gold Brown TriBlend Marker so much, I created one last handmade thank you card just swapping out the marker color. I followed all of the other project steps exactly as I had for the original card.