Savoring the Fall Season
When I got up this morning it was 54 degrees outside. Fall has arrived at last here in Northeast Florida. The sun is shining but the air is crisp and cool. It won’t last but lets hope we are done with the hot humid days we had earlier this week. It is just no fun trying to pick a pumpkin in 90 degree heat!
Autumn is my favorite time of year and I have been waiting to indulge in all of its special delights from pumpkin spice lattes to sweater weather. I’m ready for pots of chrysanthemums at my front door and plush blankets on the couch. I can’t wait to savor the colors, the scents and the flavors of the season.
Inspired by our Hawthorn Papers
One of the best things about Autumn is the richness of its color palette. From Sangria and Toffee to Saffron and Paprika, the hues in the Hawthorn collection are classic choices for Fall. I knew I wanted to play with the Autumn Air stamp set and a seasonal theme so these papers were just what I needed for today’s project.
Step By Step Card Instructions
White Daisy card with envelope
French Vanilla cardstock 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, plus piece for die cutting
Hawthorn Paper Pack
-Sangria plaid paper 3″ x 4 1/4″
-Saffron dotted paper 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
-wood paper 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
October Stamp of the Month, Autumn Air
3″ circle die
Exclusive Inks pad in Sangria
- Die cut 3 inch circle from French Vanilla cardstock. Stamp “Fall” from Autumn Air stamp set on circle using Sangria Ink.
- Adhere Sangria plaid paper to French Vanilla cardstock panel one quarter of an inch from the bottom.
- Adhere strips of dotted and wood pattern paper above Sangria plaid paper.
- Stamp “is in the air” on top right corner of French Vanilla cardstock panel with Sangria ink.
- Wrap Sangria ribbon around card as shown and secure to back of French Vanilla cardstock panel.
- Adhere cardstock panel to card front.
- Adhere cardstock circle with Fall sentiment to front of card as shown.
- Sprinkle sequins across card front in two sizes.