Icy Blue, Pale Pink and Snow White
They may not be traditional holiday colors, but the frosted pastels in the Holly Jolly paper collection have inspired me to put together a snow themed card with Candy Apple accents. This card has a lot going for it with color, texture, pattern and shine. Even so, I decided to really go all out and add an interactive shaker element. I can’t wait to show you how easy it is to put this impressive card together!
Step By Step Instructions
White Daisy card with envelope
White daisy cardstock 5″ x 2″
Smoothie cardstock 5 1/4″ x 4″, plus scrap for die cutting
Candy Apple cardstock scrap for die cutting
Blue Snowflake paper 5″ x 2 1/2″
Plaid paper scrap for die cutting
Snowflake embossing folder
Scallop border die or punch
Shaker Window Thin Cuts
Shaker Window Foam & Acetate
- Center darker side of Smoothie cardstock on card front and adhere.
- Emboss White Daisy cardstock using Snowflake folder. Adhere to lower section of card front.
- Adhere Blue Snowflake paper to upper section of card front
- Die cut Candy Apple cardstock with border die and adhere to card front cover seam. Adhere zip strip to border.
- Die cut Plaid paper to create back panel of shaker. Optional: stamp sentiment on this panel. Adhere panel to card front as shown.
- Remove adhesive from one side of shaker window foam. Carefully align and adhere on top of shaker back panel. Add sequins. Remove adhesive cover.
- Remove protective cover from acetate window and center over adhesive .
- Die cut stitched shaker window frame from lighter side of Smoothie cardstock. Apply liquid adhesive to back and place carefully over acetate window.