While the song tells us “It’s the most wonderful time of the year”, I think they forgot to add that it also seems to be the most hectic! If you are focused on last minute gifts, menu planning and wrapping, I’ve got a couple of quick tips and an important reminder for you.
If you are suffering from HoliDaze, the overwhelming feeling that you’ll never get it all done, I can relate. Here are a few quick tips I use to attack my to do list:
- Motivate with music! Choose your favorite holiday mix or kick up your energy with something upbeat
- Add a special element to lighten the mood around chores. When I cook or bake, I wear a fun apron that puts a smile on my face. When I clean house, I enjoy burning scented candles.
- Gift certificates are the perfect last minute gift. Many vendors can handle the transaction online quickly and easily. Bewitched Crafts gift certificates are good for merchandise, workshops and coming in January my new online classes and virtual clubs!
- Keep your camera ready! Get the pictures you will want in your holiday album but don’t stress about getting your layouts done now. Jot down notes and recipes you want to include. Make a list of your family traditions like watching favorite holiday movies or putting up special decorations and be sure to get the photos to tell the story.
- Schedule time for treats for yourself. Take a few minutes to enjoy a hot chocolate, take a break and enjoy lunch with friends, or just enjoy the holiday lights. Soothe stressed nerves with a little extra pampering; I like having my hair done, getting a manicure and taking bubble baths.
- Want to fit in time for crafting in this busy season? Fire up your Cricut and make cards or gift tags. I made pillow boxes to hold several gifts this year. It was quick and easy with my Cricut!
I hope this little list gave you some ideas for treating the symptoms of HoliDaze and a bit of inspiration to start documenting your holiday traditions. Today I’m working on my list of favorite holiday films so I can create a layout about them in January. My top five include:
- Christmas in Connecticut (1945 version)
- Charlie Brown Christmas
- It’s A Wonderful Life
- White Christmas
- Christmas Vacation
I hope you’ll share your favorites in the comments!